Yesterday, I turned the big three-O. It was actually a great birthday - couldn't have asked for a more glorious autumn day! My parents took the kids all weekend (the PERFECT gift! Thank you so much!). I was doing great and totally enjoying my birthday until Jon said something on Saturday about it being my last day of being in my twenties. Boy, that was the wrong thing to say! It totally made me cry! Ha ha. :) Way to go, Honey. But to his credit, that was the only thing he did wrong for my birthday. He took me out to eat and shopping and taught me how to fly fish (and didn't even laugh when I snagged my fly in a tree, numerous bushes, and my shoelace). We went for a walk along the Weber River and took pictures. My favorite part was just holding hands with my honey and not having to worry about kids biting through packages of candy at the store or staying awake for 2 hours after bedtime... ahh, it was great. I love my kids, but you know, it's always nice to have a little break.
So many people remembered my birthday and made me feel so special! Mom arranged for a whole day of fun for me today: hiking with my dad and kids (found a cool new trail!), lunch with Grama Sabina (fabulous company, plus African Chicken and Peanut Soup - mmmm!), shopping with Emily (skinny jeans? on me? I know, I still can't believe it), and visiting with mom. Another great day. :)
I wanted to post some pics from my childhood but forgot to get my scrapbook from my mom. So I made a playlist from the top songs of 1980. It really wasn't a great year for music, in my opinion, but kinda funny. Neil Diamond and Kool & the Gang, Baby!
Happy Birthday to me!
Monday, October 11, 2010
10/10/10 = 30
Posted by Sabina
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Gosh I am such a bad friend. Glad you had such a great birthday! I need to call you...sooner rather thatn later!
Loved this post, Sabina. I remember 30 being a big number to swallow! :) (that is, until I turned 35!!)
I'm so glad you had a fabulous birthday!
Post a Comment