For preschool this week, I chose to teach the letter 'S' and talk about real superheroes. We discussed that real superheroes serve and save others. I made sparkly super capes for the kids and gave them star-shaped sunglasses, which they totally loved. We got to go outside and "fly" around the yard, amongst other fun activities.
On the second day, we made soup and bread for Brother Fishler, whose wife is sick in the hospital. I talked with the kids about some things we could do to be superheroes for him. We decided to pray for him and his wife. The Spirit was so strong in our front room as five little kids in super capes knelt on the floor and prayed. That was by far the greatest teaching moment I've ever had. What sweet, perfect spirits these young kids are. They wrote him the cutest note, and we all trekked over to his house in our super-gear to deliver the goodies. Bro. Fishler was SO dang cute with the kids. They enjoyed him as much as he did them!
Thanks kids, for teaching me something about being super!
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Super Sweet Super Heroes
Posted by Sabina
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment