We really enjoyed General Conference this weekend. We got a new projector on Friday and got to use it for Conference, which was fun. I was so touched by the love expressed by all the speakers to Pres. Monson, our new prophet. He is absolutely amazing. I want to be like him, to take care of "the one" (meaning care for everyone as if they were the only one). I loved seeing his sense of humor displayed so openly. I was so grateful to sustain him in the solemn assembly. I felt a wonderful spirit of excitement and faith during that meeting.
One thing that was especially fun for me was watching Eve... I decided to print off some "Conference Bingo" cards for her to color during Conference. I pointed to each picture on the card and told her what it represented (simple Gospel subjects such as faith and temple), and suggested she color each picture as she heard it mentioned. I was floored by how well she paid attention! She'd be listening, then say, "Hey! He said 'Jesus Christ'!" and then she'd color that in. At one point, she turned to me and said, "Hey! He said 'moro existence' (premortal existence)! Where's that square, Mom?" :) I thought it was so cute. What a sweetheart. Eldon had a hard time dealing with us trying to ignore him for 8 hours, but considering his age, he did fairly well. I hope our kids know that General Conference is so important to us and such a special time to hear the Lord's word through his prophet.
Here are our pictures from Conference weekend. We managed to fit in a few fun family activities between sessions, like working in the yard and hiking to Anderson Point... hope you all enjoyed Conference as well!
I thought Elder Ballard's remarks to young mothers were wonderful and so applicable for me and many of my friends, so I decided to put a link to his talk in case you want to read it. Listen to Elder Ballard's talk.
Monday, April 7, 2008
General Conference Weekend
Posted by Sabina
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment